Wednesday, April 30, 2008

farewell!


If there's one thing that the husband gives me a hard time about, it's my reading of celebrity gossip online..or more specifically--Perez. Somehow, with all of his haranguing of me, I never feel guilty. And now I know why. Health Communication is wrapping up for the semester, and in our last two classes we have spent some time reviewing what we have learned over the last several months. One of the major things that Dr. E has focused on in our discussions is the fact that the mass media really is public health educator #1. We try our best with our public health messages but we really aren't the true educators out there. So, the take home message is that in order to know what the world at large is learning about health, it's important for us public health folks to educate ourselves. We have to watch Gossip Girl and American Idol. We have to know who Miley Cyrus is. And we have to read a tad bit of celebrity gossip. So hub--take that. Reading Perez is homework. Who knew? With that, I bid farewell to my post in the blogosphere and leave the blogging to the pros. I've enjoyed it all--the banter between friends, the poetry, and the posts written by my cat. Thanks and ta ta for now!

3 comments:

Benjamin said...

Its a sad day when there are no more KDH Healthblog posts to look forward to. I think at the very least this blog should be reincarnated and be 100% Rufus focused. I'm sure I'm not the only person out here who wants a weekly picture with a little bit of narrative. Maybe some mood updates. Anyway, homework is calling (I gotta go watch Jimmy Kimmel).

Rufus said...

Thanks for the interest Ben. I've been mousing around with the blog idea for some time now, but the pictures are a problem without prehensile thumbs. This same problem has crushed my daydreams of becoming a classical pianist. There is so much that can be done with thumbs, yet most people only use them to push the numbers on that stupid stick to switch the people in the box. I just don't understand. I've missed our love/hate relationship Ben. And now, sadly, I'm once again the dirtiest person in the house now that you are gone.

kdh said...

Thanks for the love, ru and ben. hugs all around.